Today current affairs: Odisha Job News published daily current affairs from different sources. We hope this current affair is helpful for those who are preparing competitive exam.
International Flights in Srinagar: Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the first direct international flight between Srinagar, Sharjah, and UAE during his three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has inaugurated the first direct international flight between Srinagar, Sharjah, and UAE during his three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir. GoFirst became the first airline to start flights between these two countries.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah, who reached Jammu and Kashmir on October 23, 2021, for this three-day visit, has inaugurated the first direct international flight between Srinagar, Sharjah, and UAE.
India’s low-cost airline GoFirst has become the first airline to start direct flights from Srinagar to Sharjah.
This was also the first visit of the Union Home Minister to this union territory after the abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019.
Ahead of the Home Minister’s visit to the Union Territory, several traffic restrictions were imposed in Srinagar.
Apart from security, a total of 50 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) teams have also been deployed in J&K for security purposes.
International Flights in Srinagar: Key Points I Today’s current affairs
- After a meeting of top officials involved in the administration of this union territory, international flights started in Srinagar on 23 October.
- This happened almost a month after the government statement, while Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia had said that efforts are on to start international flight services in Srinagar.
- The minister had also said that the terminal at Srinagar airport would be expanded to 63,000 square meters from the existing 25,000 square meters.
- There will also be an investment of Rs 1,500 crore in the Srinagar airport, while Rs 600 crore will be spent on the Jammu airport by the government.
International flights and passenger handling at Srinagar airport
- In a meeting, the Divisional Commissioner Kashmir discussed all necessary arrangements and management for the management of passengers at Srinagar airport in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Customs and immigration arrangements were also discussed.
- The officials were directed to make arrangements including management and regulation of passengers, isolation of international and domestic passengers, rapid PCR at the airport for international passengers besides mandatory RT-PCR test for Covid before 48 hours.
Home Minister Amit Shah’s Visit to Jammu and Kashmir: Other details
- Apart from inaugurating the first international flight from Srinagar to Sharjah, the Home Minister also chaired a high-level review security meeting in Srinagar before leaving for Jammu, where he also addressed a rally.
- This was also the first review meeting after the targeted killings of civilians in the Valley. The Home Minister also met the families of the citizens.
- The Home Minister also reviewed various development projects under the Prime Minister’s package during his visit to UT.
New From: https://www.jagranjosh.com/
Read more about Today’s current affairs